Saturday 3 April 2010

Canon Rebel XS 10.1MP Digital SLR Camera



I expended some weeks reconsidering the REBEL XS vs it's numerous 10 MP adversaries, I even checked it against the ultra zooms as I liked the convenience of video as well, but too numerous good things stood out with this camera and so I determined upon it. I acquired the rebel XS and after days of dirt checking this camera I've discovered it a attractive experience.

Now I'm a expert videographer adhered to a tv position in Trinidad ; Tobago, my reason for this camera was the need for a fast pointed still shot camera that would be outstanding under reduced lightweight and still arrest outstanding portrait shots to be utilised for my website and for large prints. I didn't desire to case out over a $1000. US for a camera body.

What is tagged by Canon is true: The full auto mode is really unquestionable and presents very good shots habitually, it makes taking photographs so very easy for a beginner or intermediate. The portrait mode isn't blurry, images are clean, in a nice way toned, very good in value for large dimensions prints. The P ( program mode) I like alot at the start because this mode groups exposure so in a nice way I discovered it addictive. I shot alot of evening pics of vehicles on a freeway, with brilliant, pointed, alert hues emerging. Night pics at 800 iso had very very very little disturbance, and I signify I was seeking the pics on 15" monitors for cause to deplore, but was actually impressed.

The auto aim is actually quick. Th XS arrives with "only" a 7 issue auto aim scheme contrasted to the XSi 9 issue, pardon me when I state there may be no need for another 2 points when the camera focusses so fast and so accurately. I have not gotten a supple likeness when shot with the auto aim operating.

Now for those issue and fire cams that brag about "face detection"....5 faces...6,7, some even 15. I furthermore have a 10 mp ultra zoom, this easily affairs little if not at all, if the focussing proficiency of the camera is poor or mean, and granted the "average lens" value they're made of.

I have discovered apparently that a 10 MP ultra zoom easily will not contrast to a 10 MP D SLR...chalk and cheese.
I furthermore acquired the Tamron 70mm - 300mm, F4-5.6 telephoto/ macro lens. No vignetting at either end of the lens.
Auto iso is easily magnificent, have not taken a shot where the camera over approximated or underestimated the iso levels.

The Manual mode of this camera is the most outstanding for me. The rebel XS by diverse publication checking has arrive up much quicker than it's other 10 MP competitors when it arrives to fps firing, and blew images. It actually does fire 3 fps consistently, it fires 2.3 fps in reduced lightweight, poorest case is over 1 fps all at 10 MP quality.

I haven't utilised a smaller value since, granted I acquired a Transcend 8GB SDHC business card storage is not an issue.

Most of my firing has been at evening, for the little finished in daylight, it has been amazing. Colours are very brilliant, deepness of area very very nice. Macros works well. Image optimizer easily alarmed life out of me. I was in a in the shade locality and without blink it actually advances the subject without over blowing the backdrop, stuff that is nearly unrealistic on issue and fire cams.

Stuff I contradict with from the "reviews" : 

1- "The camera feels at reduced cost built"....simply incorrect, not anything is shabby, buttons are really very easy to press, doesn't have bargain bangs to them, the lens climb on has a protected seem to it, and a correct break when it is set. Battery compartment is absolutely secure. Your digit should intricately open the doorway for application, won't be an misfortune issue. Rubber doorway at a.v. docks break in well. Rubber grab is firm sufficient, glossy sufficient to not irritate your hands.

2- " XS is "overpriced" contrasted to the XSi.....Xsi fires slower than the XS, XSi image value is identical to the XS even though the XSi is 12 MP. The XSi may be the 3" LCD and a couple of other upgrades, but these upgrades don't add up when the image is taken and the value of both cameras agree alike. I may have selected the XSI if I liked to spend the additional $150. u.s but for the lesser cost, I'm yet to regret.

3- "The XS "only has a 2.5" LCD contrasted to a twosome of it's competitors having 3" LCD's". I can glimpse every thing apparently with this computer display, even with Histograms, and grids onscreen. If LCD's get much larger then canon may need to establish a tv tuner as well....the 2.5" is more than sufficient.

4- "The XS doesn't have SPOT METERING contrasted to the XSi, so this is a large-scale issue"- haven't came across a cause to deplore yet, after 500 evening shots and 200 day shots.

THE DOWN SIDE: the EOS programs for uploading the photographs to computer, and isolated commanding the cam by computer is AWFUL. It's a task to upload, as it is sandy seashore balling when you strike "upload". Digital expert programs is non responsive. I have not been adept to use the programs past the establish point. Mac type here.
Better use i-photo and photoshop.

I highly rate this camera, and as a videographer who's used to t.v. announced value the REBEL XS is worth it, and since canon is so committed to impelling the rebel XSi they have considerably let down the cost on the XS.....I suggest persons purchase the XS and get a good lens with the discount earned. The knack is in the lens and the client, and lesser the camera.

No comments:

Post a Comment