Wednesday 7 April 2010

Canon EOS 50D 15.1MP Digital SLR Camera



I have had my hands on a 50D for precisely two days, and have taken only a couple of more than 100 photos; although, it is clear to me that this is no "40D Mark II." It is a monster step-up from the 40D and, in my attitude, akin to a leap between the 20D and 40D (the 30D skipped intentionally). I can talk and compose assuredly of this because I own or have belongs to all four cameras. I have the 50D with EF 18-200mm IS Telephoto Lens, which came as an suggested kit. Additionally, I own and have utilised the 50D with an EF 24-105mm f4L and EF 85mm f1.8. Here is my two day take:

a. Controls are well renowned yet more intuitive than the 40D;

b. Photos are peak shelf. "Incredible!," "Beautiful!," and "Wow!" are superlatives which came rapidly to me and to my close friends. I endeavored a couple of photographs at higher ISOs. Those photographs displayed a bit of `noise,' although, was much less than expected. Noise at reduced and mid-range ISOs was not evident to me. I took numerous images in in the shade localities to glimpse if this camera manages colors, pitch, and lighting better than the frustrating kind of the 40D. Seems to be reality to the assertion of enhancement in that area. Not a Nikon D2, but still rather excellent. I did not do any blink photography.

c. The LCD is brilliant, pointed, and much more viewable in sunlight than its predecessor. I believe it agrees well with those on the Nikons, which appears to have been one foremost target with this camera.

d. The camera body is solid; feeling to me even more so than the 40D.

e. The 18-200mm IS lens was rather pleasant, and presents a large "one-lens" option. I have not contrasted photographs taken with it to those taken with the EF 24-105mm L-series; although, I accept as factual in L-series lenses and would estimate the 18-200mm will not contain a candle to the L's. That said, it is a very very good lens!! My only condemnation is the important dissimilarities in focusing `speed' between it and the 24-105mm L lens. It is Slooooooow...

The bottom-line is that 50D is a very very good and, possibly, a very spectacular camera. Not flawless by any means, but a large step forward. I have not to designated day workout sufficient of it's' characteristics and choices to be more exact now, but I will follow-up with more data one time I have the opening to use the camera more. I ranked it a cautious "4 stars," which for me is a high rating.

FYI, I am an sophisticated amateur photographer. I have much know-how with Canon SLRs going out with back to the A-1, and with some Nikons, encompassing the D300. I have stayed a Canon enthusiast because of the buying into I have in EF lenses, and because Canon, earlier or subsequent, habitually appears to arrive to the promenade with superb equipment.

No comments:

Post a Comment