Thursday 20 May 2010

Sony Alpha DSLR A500 12.3MP Digital SLR Camera

Sony Alpha DSLR A500 12.3MP Digital SLR Camera with 18-55mm Lens



I'm free to include my enthusiasm for long enough to get some facts down about what I passion about the A500. This is one GREAT camera body and I am having a globe with it.

I previously worn both a Minolta 9xi (their top of the line 35mm movie camera) as well as Mamiya means format gear which I still use for weddings and portraits. With the arrival of good digital cameras and especially digital darkroom (AKA Photoshop) I had become increasingly frustrated commerce with record but had not found a digital SLR that performed well enough for my relatively narrow amateur finances so made do with a kind take-sized digital Nikon zoom which takes great movies but is stupid dawdling dense compared to what I was used to. Since I had an investment in Minolta lenses I was leaning regarding the Sony line (which takes the Maxxum lenses) but formerly models seemed like too much of a compromise for the $$$. Enter the A500!

Things I adore about it:

- 12.3 megapixels

- actually tranquil and intuitive gearshift, which in a lot of behavior are similar to the 9xi so especially painless for me

- speedily primary and shot-to-shot hustle - I use the 5fps continual style for sports all the time

- great low-light performance

- in-body (vs in-lens) antishake - still have not resorted to a trivet!

- very high utmost ISO

- brilliant sequence performance (roofed two instruct basketball playoffs using Live View with juice to spare)

- high recall position - I think I have 8Gb in it, and shooting in "adequate" resolution I get about 1450 metaphors and about 500 in "raw" means. I LOVE never having to sojourn to change film cartridges and never upsetting about operation out! If the theme business and absolute use permitted less megapixels or lesser vision size I could get 5000+ similes on this thing. Woo hoo! Talk about built for reports or honorable trial!

One nice astonish was how fleeting I can download the similes from the camera - previously downloading images from my 5mp Nikon Coolpix I was arranged to wait a long time to download the superior files from the A500. Much to my shock it was perhaps even a bit earlier. Same processor, same USB harbor. Nice!
All this for a very reasonable estimate (and I fixed it on a day where the cost was $100 off Amazon's normal price - what an exchange!). I've still not explored all this baby can do, and look familiar to receiving to know it better. So far most of what I have been shooting has been sports but next up are some portraits and out to do some landscape/kind cram. I'm eager to see how my 100-300mm lens does on the A500 with wildlife under the afforest covering, and stand expand copy condition of lovely and spirit shots.

Usually I use it with the Sony 18-105mm lens, pretty dressed but I have not put it through its paces copious. My father-in-law has the equivalent Zeiss and I'm definitely free to sponge it for comparisons. I yearning it were quicker in the longer important lengths. Also, I wish there was a summit lens closer to the 35mm equivalent of 90-100mm, my choice sketch length. For now I'm making do with a Minolta 50mm f1.7 crucial, which is equivalent to 75mm on the 9xi - a brilliant lens and between f1.7, high ISO values, and the Sony's defiant-vibe and low light performance I practically never have to take subjecting signal or free light into consideration - which means the subject doesn't have to think about the camera and I can focus on leasing them do what they do while I capture it. This is just...Unleashed!




No comments:

Post a Comment