Wednesday 14 April 2010

Panasonic Lumix DMC-G1 12.1MP Digital SLR

Panasonic Lumix DMC-G1 12.1MP 
Digital SLR Camera with Lumix G Vario 
14-45 mm f/3.5-5.6 ASPH Mega OIS Lens (Black)


I had certain I required to stride up to an opening turn DSLR camera. So I ongoing looking and had completed on the new Canon Rebel T1i at first. I bought the camera, took it home and ongoing snapping a bunch of pics with it only to determine that at round bulkiness, the pics were a tiny delicate. For a $900 camera, that wasn't something I wanted to covenant with. Yes, I am informed the pics can be doctored after the fact but I don't necessity to must do that with the mass of my pics.

So I returned the T1i and started belief about the Nikon D5000, Pentax K20D, Olympus E620 and the Panasonic G1. The K20D is a good camera but was a tiny giant for my love. After treatment the Olympus E620 I didn't come away impressed (didn’t feel fussy in my hand). I liked the Nikon D5000 and gave that camera honest consideration. However at the finish of the day, the G1 felt fussy in my hand and impressed me with its skin. I'll lean details next.

The effects that sold me on the G1 are as follow:

1. Camera are small mass and hysterics well in my hand
2. Terrific articulating LCD with great resolution
3.Super rapid sedan focus in live scrutiny manner, best I have seen
4.Has all the direct and features of most note balanced DSLRs
5. Taking excessive pics
6. Relatively rapid process
7. The "rubber like" touch of the camera body feels finicky
8.Performing well in low light and small pics up to ISO 1600 are usable while not as trivial as the best record steamroll DSLRs
9. Electronic View Finder earn
10. Auto focus assisted light

Of coursework there are some Cons as well:

1.Low light performance not as nice as best access altitude DSLRs. Although this should be estimated with the junior antenna.

2. Would be nice if the display popped up automatically
  1. Limiting selection of lenses since the micro one thirds layout is so new
  2. Is calm to blockade the sedan focus help light while holding the camera
  3. White Balance inside under fluorescent lighting is destitute. However you can by hand adjust this.
  4. It is steep in food (I paid over I tending to admit), although Amazon's charge is reasonable in my outlook and a more valid penalty situation. It means the $650 worth.
The cons I have listed are actually minor. It is a great camera and I am happy I sure to go with it. I have always liked Panasonic's picture condition. If there bags of light I have found that Panasonic cameras take as nice a picture as anything moreover out there. It is a great conduct camera that has all the performance of the doorway plane DSLRs without the bulk. I am anxious to see what the potential has in amassed for the micro one thirds configure.

If you are looking for a camera that is a tiny minor than the entry amount DSLRs but has all the performance, this is the camera for you. Its live stance performance is top level and the picture feature is impressive (even DPreview spoke decidedly of the G1's picture feature). I am anxious to get the 45-200mm zoom lens to see how it performs also.


No comments:

Post a Comment